Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Will NEVER Forget!


I can't believe it's already been 9 years since the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing...I was at my former job at a bank and remember several customers coming in talking about a plane hitting one of the World Trade Center towers. People must have been at home watching the events unfold because there was hardly any customers coming in and we would take turns running upstairs to watch the TV we had in the break room. Our manager was upstairs and the next thing we hear is him knocking on the door downstairs and he has the TV in his hands and we plugged it up behind the teller line and it wasn't long after that the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. The shock of that moment will be forever burned in my memory along with the towers falling and the coverage at the Pentagon and in Shanksville, PA. If customers came in, they were very somber and few would hang out to watch the latest developments with us. I remember my dad calling me at work and I had never been so glad to hear from him because we had heard from our local news that his work had been locked down. I had flex time that day and left work at 2...Michael and I had just become engaged a month before and I could not wait to just put my arms around him! We had some errands to run and I remember going to Wal-Mart and the few people who were in there were very quiet so they could listen to the news playing over the radio. I remember watching so much news in the weeks to come and crying so many tears while listening to the stories being told by family members and firefighters. So on this, the 9th anniversary of that awful day, let us say a prayer for all the families who lost loved ones that day, for the military who is fighting everyday to protect the freedom of our country and for each other!

No comments: