Friday, May 13, 2011

My Mother's Day and must read books

I was a little disappointed in my Mother's Day...normally my hubby is all over holidays but for some reason this year not so much!  Didn't even get me a card from Jade!  So I was in a pouty mood Sunday!  Don't get me wrong..I don't need a gift to make the day special!  God blessed me with the greatest gift in September 2008 but I stay at home with her and it would have been nice if he had acknowledged that fact!  I decided to treat myself to a pretty sweet gift!  I got two $10.00 off coupons from DSW in the mail and decided to check out what they on their website.  I saw a few pairs I liked but it wasn't until I almost gave up looking that I found the pair that in a few days will be on my feet and forever in my closet!
I..AM..IN..LOVE!!!!!! 
You can't beat a pair of shoes that has all my favorite elements...Peacock feathers, Zebra print, Purple, metallic snakeskin and bling!!! OMG I am just so stinkin' excited!!
I actually saved $28.00 with my two certificates and I also got free shipping!  I got them for basically half price! 

Going back to Sunday...I was down in the dumps and having a pity party so I decided to take a hot bath and read a book I borrowed from a friend...if y'all haven't read this book I HIGHLY recommend it!
It's called "Heaven is for real"


and I have to say this book has completely changed my attitude this week!  As I sat in the tub feeling sorry for myself, this book broke me down and I had a wonderful chat with God and just felt sooo much better!  I read the book in two days and I am so glad I did!  It's a def must read!

This is the 2nd book I have read in the last few weeks that has made me change the way I think. I ordered Abby Rike's book from Amazon. The day I got it I read it cover to cover after Michael and Jade were in bed.  I couldn't put it down!

She was on "The Biggest Loser" a few years back and was one of my favorite contestants.  If you haven't heard of her, I highly suggest you google her and read about her.  You can listen to her read the first chapter of her book on her website

I leave you with a few pics of me and my sweet girl on Mother's Day
Have a blessed weekend!!

No comments: