Friday, October 28, 2011

Our one and Only

Over at Kelly's Korner today she had a link up post about families with only children...I have already added a bunch to my blog roll!!  We get asked all the time when we are going to have another child and a lot of people are shocked when I say we aren't (I have even been looked at like I have 3 heads when I say it) We talked early on in our marriage that we just want one child.  We got married in October of 2002...my hubby completely shocked me in 2005 when he said we should start trying in January of 2006.  So off went the birth control and the journey began.  I got pregnant in December, found out and confirmed in January...we were ELATED!!  Unfortunately after a few appts we found out there was no heartbeat so I had a D&C...we were crushed to say the least!  We hadn't said anything to anybody but I of course had to tell my parents since I was having surgery.  The next day I went in for the procedure and when I got to Target to get my pain meds filled I received the call I didn't need that day...my beloved mamaw had passed away...so there was no rest for me that weekend...my whole world was turned upside down.   The next few months passed and in May I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding and a relative actually patted my stomach (in the receiving line) and said something about being pregnant...I smiled (even though inside I was crying) and got her own down the line...I don't remember much about the reception I was a mess!  My parents and my friends did their best to comfort me and I am pretty sure my dad had a nice little chat with the person!  Then in early June I found out once again that I was pregnant.  We decided to tell our parents this time and it just happened to be the weekend of Father's day!  So we got them cute bibs that said "I love Grandma" and "I love Grandpa" and they were all so excited.  Went to the doctor on June 22nd and the dr said everything looked good..he was only concerned about a small blood clot behind the fetus and that he wanted me back on Monday to check it.  Saturday morning I woke up with the worst cramps of my life...I had a horrible feeling and after a trip to the bathroom my feeling was confirmed!  I was hurting so bad that Michael took me to the ER.  They def confirmed I had miscarried and was dehydrated which explained why I was hurting so bad; after some bags of fluid I was finally able to go home.  I went to my doctor that following Monday and my doctor said it was the blood clot that caused the M/C...he suggested I start taking baby asprin..he said it should help for the next time...I started taking it a few days later and in January 2008 I found out once again I was pregnant.  You can just imagine how I felt this go around..after the doctor's appts everything looked great!  I told my parents on Feb 1 (my mom's bday) I put the ultrasound pics in her bday card!  A healthy baby!! I was put on prometrium because my progesterone was low which come to find out was the problem all along.  I was on it for 7 weeks.  I had an awesome pregnancy..We found out on May 5th, 2008 that we were having a Girl!  We were so happy!! Michael had said from the beginning of their journey that he wanted a girl who would be just like me! 


A week before her arrival I found out that her shoulders were gonna be a problem to get out..I could labor but there was a possibility she could have shoulder dyslpasia when born so we opted for a C-Section.  On Friday, September 19th, 2008 at 8:38 am my sweet angel, Jade Alexis Dunaway was born!  8 lb 15.5 oz 19 1/4 inches long! 


She is without a doubt the joy and love of my life!!
 I am blessed to be able to stay home with her...a privilage I wouldn't be able to do with 2 kids.  We like to go out and run to Target or Hobby Lobby and I def couldn't do that with 2 kids.  90% of all my friends have more than one precious child and I am so thankful for all of them...just means Jade will have lot of friends around her age! 
We made her a def only child in March of this year. A decision we don't regret one bit! We thank God for our sweet baby girl!!

The day we came home


1st birthday

2nd Birthday

3rd Birthday







2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Sad story with a wonderful ending. Jade is adorable!

Unknown said...

Love this post! Jade is such a JOY to everyone..you are so blessed! And I have to say..she is JUST like you so Michael got his wish! :)