Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vacation 2011

The first week of September we headed to Hilton Head with my parents! We found a great condo rental on VRBO! I would move to Hilton Head tommorrow if I could! I love it there so much! The first day (Sept 3rd) was my hubby's birthday..so after driving all day we rested at the condo for a little while before heading out to grab something to eat! It was also the day of the first Tennessee football game so we were all decked out in our Orange and White!




The next day was a little overcast but we still went to the beach and it was super crowded but we had a great time! 

On Monday we did some shopping at some new Tanger outlets that were built since we were in HHI last year!  They were pretty nice and some of them were different than what we have in Pigeon Forge. Mom got Jade some super cute jeans and long sleeve shirts at Children's Place...2 Halloween shirts: this ghost one
this witch one
and this funny one (but it's oh so true!)

On Tuesday we spent a majority of the day at the beach and it was little windy and overcast...mom and I were having such a nice time sitting in our chairs in the water that we didn't put sunscreen on and we got a little scorched. 
That night we took mom and dad to Harbour Town to see the lighthouse and cute little shops.
We ate at Salty Dog Cafe but none of us really cared for it!  Definitley not somewhere I would eat again!
The next day since we were slighty uncomfortable we decided to take a day trip to Savannah.  It is only 45 minutes from HHI so we got ready and headed to GA.  The one thing I wanted to do was eat at Paula Deen's restaurant "The Lady and Sons" so we stopped by their reservation area when we got there to go ahead and put our name down...to my shock she said she could seat us right then!  I am not lying when I say it is the BEST food I've ever had!  I actually did good when it came to eating well but I def let myself splurge there!  Mom, Dad, Jade and I had the buffet: fried chicken, pork chops, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans and a garlic cheese biscuit!  It also came with our choice of dessert..mom and dad had warm peach cobbler (YUM!) and I had banana pudding (Delish!) I was so full!!
I was a little disappointed in Savannah...I thought it would be like Charleston but it was more run down..the houses needed some updating and I thought the stores on the riverfront would be better.
Next year we will take a day trip to Charleston instead!
On Thursday we went to the beach for a little bit and ran a few errands before heading to dinner at Wild Wing's Cafe.  We didn't realize it was the NFL kick off so it was pretty crowded but def fun watching the game with everybody!  I only took one picture that day and it was of my sweet girl sitting on the steps of the restaurant before we left!

 Our last day we went to Flamingo's doughnuts  for breakfast!  They have the best doughnuts anywhere!  They make them fresh when you order them in any combination of flavor you want!!  I had been talking to the owner on FB and she was so sweet!  We ordered our doughnuts and she ended up bringing us 4 or 5 more out to the table to try!  I could have stayed there all day! 



That night we ate supper at my favorite restaurant in Hilton Head...One Hot Mama's!! I don't know how many of you watched "Next Food Network Star" but the owner of OHM, Orchid, was a contestant this past season!  She def should have won!  The best thing on the menu in my opinion is the Ultimate Fried Chicken Sandwich: fried chicken, honey, bacon and cheese! I know it def isn't healthy but man oh man is it delish!  I also got to meet Miss Orchid...she is awesome!! Such a sweetheart!! We got to talk to her for a long time!  Def a highlight of the trip for me!

Jade slept the whole time we were there but woke up before we left and was in a sassy mood so we got some cute pictures of her!

We headed home early the next morning so we could stop in NC to visit with my Aunt and Cousins...My cousin Shannon had a sweet little boy in June and we were going to meet him for the first time!  For some reason I didn't take any pictures while there! 
We had a great time in HHI and I of course can't wait to be there again!

























No comments: